Last updated on MAY 12, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Time and Labor - Version 12.1 HRMS RUP8 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1 HRMS RUP8 version, Seeded Timecard Layouts
Absence integration with OTL is causing an error
We have enabled absence integration with OTL and we have set "Action for absences pending approval" to “ERROR”.
We are unable to create a time card even after approving all the absences for that period.
"ORA-20001: You cannot create or update this absence entry as an OTL time
card exists for this time period. You can create an absence entry for a
different time period.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1)Set preference "Action for absences pending approval" to “ERROR”
2) Request absence through Self-Service HR
3) Tried to create time card for the period which includes the absence.
4) System shows an error by stating absence has not been approved (Expected behavior as per our defined preference)
5) Approve the Absence request from Self-Service.
6) Try to create the time card now that the absence has been approved, get an error "Time card exist already for this period" although the timecard has not yet been created
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms