Duplicate Schedule Materials Issue When An Operation Is Revised
Last updated on JANUARY 29, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Complex Maintenance, Repair, & Overhaul - Version 12.2.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.2.4 version, Production Planning
Duplicate material requirements are displayed in the Data Clerk Workbench, as opposed to Materials for the same work order from Production Planning > Maintenance Execution screen.
Expect no duplicate. The real issue is the insertion of another row in ahl_schedule_materials table for the new Operation revision. This looks to be a bug in VWP code during P2P, where engineering definition revision are considered even for tasks which are already on shopfloor.
As a work around, users are currently deleting the duplicated material requirement from the ahl_schedule_materials table via SQL Developer.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
Steps to replicate:
1. Create and approve an Operation with a material requirement.
2. Create and approve a Route with the Operation from step 1 attached.
3. Create and approve a MR with the Route from step 2 attached.
4. Create a new visit, add the MR from step 3.
5. Plan the visit and push to production.
6. View the Materials for the newly created work order from the Data Clerk Workbench. You will notice that it has created the material requirement.
7. Create and approve a new revision of the operation from step 1 without makiing any changes.
8. Move the planned end date of the visit forward one day so the visit status goes back to partially implemented.
9. Push the visit to production.
10. View the Materials for the work order from step 6 from the Data Clerk Workbench. You will notice that it has created a duplicate material requirement for the same item.
11. View the Materials for the same work order from Production Planning > Maintenance Execution and it does not display the duplicate material requirement.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms