Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Enterprise Asset Management - Version 12.1.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Work Order does not show updated asset info on the work request.
When creating a work order from the work request that has an asset number but does not have the maintenance_object_type = 3, the system does not bring over the asset number to the work order.
After updating a work request's Asset Information and then converting the work request to a work order, the updated Asset information is not carrying over to the Work Order Header.
Work Order should show updated asset info on the work request.
The only time the Asset Number carries to the Work Order Header is if the Asset # is selected upon the initial creation of the Work Request before save or apply is clicked.Work Request’s can be updated in Open and Awaiting Work Order Status.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Responsibility: Maintenance Super User
2. Click on Work Requests tab
3. Update a work request, add the Asset Number and click Apply
4. Confirmation message received: Work Request xxxxxx updated.
5. Approve the Work Request.
6. When the Work Request Status is already Awaiting Work Order, and you update the Asset Number, the same Defect occurs.
7. Create a Work Order from the Requests Panel.
8. The Asset # does not carry over to the Work Order.
9. Now, create a Work Order from the Work Orders Tab
10. Asset # does not populate when the Work Request # is entered on the header.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms