What-If Report: Wrong Amount Is Calculated for JP-STL Method Assets at First Time of the Last Period
(Doc ID 2138718.1)
Last updated on MARCH 26, 2019
Applies to:Oracle Assets - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
delete, duplicate of 2135952.1
What-If Analysis Report calculates wrong amount at the first time of the last period.
- What-If Depreciation Report is generated at the last period of the year
- Depreciation amount for the current open period is calculated(=Temporary close)
- Assets has been added in the same fiscal year
- Assets uses JP-STL depreciation method
- Incorrect amount would be same as tally of a YTD depreciation amount of initial year and a depreciation amount at current period.
Steps to reproduce
* Calendar starts from April and ends to March.
1. SEP-16 *** Addition
Cost : 100000
YTD depreciation : 0
Accumulated depreciation : 0
Date in Service : 01-SEP-2016
Depreciation method : JP-STL 3YR
Salvage value : 0
Depreciation limit amount : 1
2. Run Depreciation with Period close
3. MAR-17 *** Run Depreciation without period close
** Temporary close.
4. MAR-17 *** Run What-If Analysis report.
Period Fiscal New
Name Year Depreciation Depreciation
-------- ------- ------------ ------------
MAR-17 2016 22,268 22,268 <---Incorrect. This should be 2785
APR-17 2017 2,783 2,783
MAY-17 2017 2,783 2,783
JUN-17 2017 2,783 2,783
JUL-17 2017 2,783 2,783
AUG-17 2017 2,783 2,783
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document