Poor Performance and Error When Uploading To Oracle Project From Microsoft Project
Last updated on MAY 23, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Project Costing - Version 12.2 and later
Oracle Project Foundation - Version 12.2.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Microsoft Project Integration, MSP Upload
On : 12.1.3 version, Setup
When creating a project with >20 tasks, it gets created in Oracle Projects but with the error message:
"Error Encountered while processing Document"
The workaround currently used is to create Oracle Projects by setting profile "PA: Task Threshold for Offline Microsoft Project Upload" to null at Site level.
This will allow the projects to get created successfully, but the request "PAXCPWBC module: PA: Offline Microsoft Project Data Upload" still completes with Error status.
In addition, it is found that next day that the project attempted to create previous day has got created in the meanwhile.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Choose 'Send Project Data' option available in Oracle Projects section of the MS Project tool menu.
2. Select answer sheet (available in LOV)
3. Choose Next.
4. Fill in data defined in answer sheet (some mandatory and some optional).
5. Choose Next button.
6. Maintain send of WBS option.
7. Choose Next button.
8. 'Send Project' screen with message 'Ready' is displayed.
9. Choose Send button.
10. New screen with error "Error encountered while processing document..."
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms