Configurator Developer, Copy Paste Delete Linkage Problems
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Configurator Developer - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 18.104.22.168.8 version, UI Maintenance
When using the copy and paste functionality within the User Interface (UI), it gives unexpected results. An element is copied within the UI structure. It is then modified to point to a new node within the model structure. The element copied is a Row Layout under a Table Layout. However, when the Runtime is tested, the two elements take the same input. So, if the user selects a value of '2' in the UI element that was the copy source, it immediately populated the value of '2' to the element that was a copy target. Creating the row layout completely manually does not show the same problem.
Expect that once the associated model node (AMN) is changed for the UI element that there will be no cross-reference between the two elements in any way.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Log in to Oracle Configurator Developer responsibility
2. Open a model in Edit mode
3. Navigate to the UI tab
4. Expand the UI and copy a Row Layout associated with a non-bom node
5. In the copied UI Row Layout, open and change the AMN to a different node
7. Click on the Test Model button
8. Navigate to the node in #4 and make a selection
9. The same selection shows up in the node as created in #5
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms