Installed Base WebADI Fails to Extract Discriptive Flexfield (DFF) Value in the WebADI Template
Last updated on JUNE 08, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Installed Base - Version 12.1.3 to 12.1.3 [Release 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
IB Mass Update WebADI fails to extract the DFF values from the IB Instance Flexfields to the Excel Template.
Also, once the WebADI template information is extracted, IB shows all 6 of the previously populated instance flexfields as null, except for the first one in the list, which shows the word "Service".
When extracting instances using WebADI, expect the extracted Excel template to capture the DFF values.
Also expect the instance flexfields in Installed Base instance to remain populated.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps as an example:
1. IB item instance 3193301 has Instance Flexfields section filled out with 6 flexfield values populated in the General Tab
2. Oracle Installed Base Agent User > Mass Update
3. Create batch type: WebADI Batch Name: xx Action: Search and Manage Item Instances > Go
4. In WebADI Simple Search , search by Instance Number: 3193301 > Export
5. Select Viewer : Excel > Next
6. Open WebADI.xls file. Can see the Excel template with the DFF Attributes column showing only the word "Service". The Context column also shows the word "Service"
"Service" is not one of the 6 populated instance flexfields in instance number 3193301
7. Query the IB instance 3193301 now, and all 6 of the previously populated instance flexfields are now null, except for the first one in the list, which shows the word "Service"
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms