Replace functionality in BWC is Succeeding the Budgetary Control Action on Requisition Even With No Funds Available
Last updated on JULY 01, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Purchasing - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
1. Enabled 'Use Requisition encumbrance'
2. An Approver with absolute control for requisitions category approves the requisitions.
3. Submit Transfer Journal Entries to general ledger (GL) .
4. An approved requisition can be modified in Purchasing -> Buyer Work Center-> Requisitions-> Replace with item from catalog icon.
Replacement of the item in requisition is done by a user that have no budget override rights.
5. Transfer Journal Entries to GL
After step 5 was detected that the encumbrance amount was overwritten by the action from step 4. And as a result, we have budget overspending without approbation and without notification.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms