Replace functionality in BWC is Succeeding the Budgetary Control Action on Requisition Even With No Funds Available
(Doc ID 2145789.1)
Last updated on MAY 06, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Purchasing - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
1. Enabled 'Use Requisition encumbrance'
2. An Approver with absolute control for requisitions category approves the requisitions.
3. Submit Transfer Journal Entries to general ledger (GL) .
4. An approved requisition can be modified in Purchasing -> Buyer Work Center-> Requisitions-> Replace with item from catalog icon.
Replacement of the item in requisition is done by a user that have no budget override rights.
5. Transfer Journal Entries to GL
After step 5 was detected that the encumbrance amount was overwritten by the action from step 4. And as a result, we have budget overspending without approbation and without notification.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document