Last updated on JUNE 02, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Product Hub - Version 12.2.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to update item attributes, using excel import process, the EGOIJAVA concurrent program completes with error.
Exception encountered processing one of the procedures in Process_Item_Interface_lines.
error code : -6502
error text : ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error: character string buffer too small
Returning x_retcode : E
Setting all the *Unprocessed* rows (PROCESS_STATUS = 1) in EGO_BULKLOAD_INTF to PROCESS_STATUS = 3.
COMMITing the error statuses for EBI Rows.
EGO_BULKLOAD_ENTITIES.BulkLoadEntities ERRBUF => Error : -6502---ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error: character string buffer too small
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps.
1. Create Import Format to include
2. Navigate: Development Manager > Batch Import > Import Items > Import from Excel
3. Create 1 record to UPDATE item 'TEST_UPLOAD_1'
4. Update attributes as required
5. Upload completes successfully, but attributes are not updated as expected.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms