Activity Association Form Defaults WIP Accounting Class From EAM Parameters Instead Of Asset Number
Last updated on JUNE 23, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Enterprise Asset Management - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
The Activity Association form is defaulting the WIP Accounting Class from the Parameters form.
It's ignoring the WIP Accounting Class associated with the Asset Number that the Activity is being associated to.
Expect the WIP Accounting Class to default from the Asset Number, not the EAM Organization's default parameters.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Responsibility: Enterprise Asset Management.
2. Go to Parameters Screen: Navigation – Enterprise Asset Management > Setup > Parameters
3. Note WIP Accounting Class.
4. Go to Asset Number Screen: Navigation – Enterprise Asset Management > Assets > Asset Numbers > Asset Numbers.
5. Note that WIP Accounting Class associated to the asset.
6. Go to Activity Workbench option (Navigation – Enterprise Asset Management > Activities > Activity Workbench and find the expected results are achieved.
7. The WIP Accounting Class on the Activity Association form that is defaulted is the WIP Accounting Class that is associated with the Asset Number that is entered.
8. Enter Activity.
9. Click on Launch button.
10. Click on Results (Activities).
11. Expand Selection and click on Asset Activity.
12. Enter Template Flag, Asset Type, and Asset Number and Activity. Scroll to the Right.
13. Find WIP Accounting Class is the one associated with the Asset Number.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms