Claim Amount Not Updated Correctly in the Repository Tables Post Running India - Service Tax Processing
Last updated on JUNE 10, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Financials for India - Version 12.2.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.2.3 version, Excise - Order to Cash Cycle
On Reversing the Service Tax Portion via the Service Tax Reversal Form
and paying the invoice resulting in wrong amount being updated in the Service tax Repository form
Jai_Rgm_Trx_Records for source column AP_CLAIM.
Due to this on running the India - Service Tax Credit Register Report,
it shows wrong value in Service Tax for 'Reversal'.
On reversal of an invoice and paying should show reflect correct entries in the Repository form.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a backdated ( 3 months old ) AP invoice.
2. Attach Service taxes , Validate , Account ,Run India - Service Tax Processing
and Import the record to GL.
3. Reversal the tax entry via the Service Tax Reversal Form.
4. Run India - Service Tax Processing
5. Post the new entries into GL.
6. Pay Invoice and Account it.
7. Re-run India - Service Tax Processing and
India - Service Tax Credit Register Report
8. Observed that in the report , for reversal / claim entry
there exists an extra tax portion.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users cannot view the details correctly in the India - Service tax credit register report
and Claim entries are not reflecting correcting in the Service Tax Repository form
which causes issues.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms