After Re-allocating Backordered Delivery Detail, Error In Transact Move Orders Form
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Shipping Execution - Version 12.1.3 and later
Oracle Inventory Management - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, Pick Release
When attempting to transact a move order by following the steps below, the following error occurs.
Error: The material sourcing process failed to create picking suggestions for line 1 of move order number
1. Created Sales order
2. Pick Released the order with Auto Pick Confirm = No. Delivery details are Released to Warehouse
3. Allocated using Transact move order form
4. Modified the allocated Qty and allocated more than the ordered quantity
5. Transact Move order
6. Ship confirm the delivery with option 'Backorder all' selected
7. Backorder successful
8. Line status in shipping transaction form is Backordered
9. Pick released again for the same line which was back ordered, with Auto Pick Confirm = no
10.Navigate to the Transact Move order form
11 Entered move order number which was created after the second pick release action
12. Click on “Allocate” button, and the below error pop ups.
‘Error: The material sourcing process failed to create picking suggestions for line 1 of move order number 6745053.’
13. Line again backordered – unable to allocate
Due to this issue, users cannot transact a move order given the above scenario. This results in delayed shipments and unhappy customers.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms