Last updated on JUNE 17, 2016
Applies to:Oracle iSupplier Portal - Version 12.2.2 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle iSupplier Portal and Oracle Purchasing, Release 12.2.2 and later, when creating a new supplier site for a supplier address, the supplier Communication (Email) information from the address record is not being copied to the new site, even though the option "Update to all new sites created for this address" is selected during the site creation.
It is expected that the supplier address communication (email address) information will be copied to the new supplier site when the site is created, when the option "Update to all new sites created for this address" is enabled.
Due to this issue, users cannot automatically transfer the desired communication (email) information to the new site(s) being created.
Steps To Reproduce
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Log in to Oracle Applications, using a Purchasing responsibility.
2. Navigation: Suppliers > Entry (or Supply Base > Suppliers).
3. Query the desired supplier and choose Update.
4. On the Update [Supplier] - Quick Update page, click the Address Book link on the left side of the page.
5. On the Address Book page, click the Manage Sites icon for the desired supplier address which has a communication email address defined and visible on the page.
6. On the Manage Sites page, a list of existing sites for the selected address is displayed. Click the Create button to create a new site.
7. On the Create Address: Site Creation page, select one of the Site Name values, and also in the Site Attributes region, select the Communication Details option "Update to all new sites created for this address". Click the Apply button once done.
8. Navigate back to the Manage Sites page, and the new site (created in Step 7) is visible. However, the Email address value was not copied, even though the "Update to all new sites created for this address" button was selected.
As a workaround, the user will have to manually enter the email address (or other desired communication information as needed).
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms