Last updated on JULY 15, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Human Resources - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to hire an applicant to a Single Incumbent Position having Overlapped period, the following error occurs.
"This Single Incumbent Position has already been assigned as of (&FUTURE_ASG_DATE). You must assign a different position to this person to prevent overlap of assignments."
Steps to Reproduce:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
Using HRMS Manager responsibility
1. Create Single type position since 01-FEB-2016
- Single incumbent; permanent
2. Create an overlap period for the position
- Overlap information Start 01.02.2016; End: 31.12.4712
3. Create an employee Employee1 since 01-FEB-2016
4. Assign the Employee1 to the position.
5. Create an Employee2 and assign him to the position since 01-FEB-2016 (like Employee1)
6. Create an applicant Employee3 since 01-MAR-2016 for the position
7. Terminate the Employee2 with Actual date 31-MAR-2016 and Final Process: 31-DEC-2017
8. Try to hire the Employee3 since 01-APR-2016 - get error
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms