DCIA Loan Not Calculating As Expected With Another Involuntary Deduction (Garnishment)
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle HRMS (US) - Version 12.1 HRMS RUP8 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1 HRMS RUP8 version, Wage Attachments/Garnishments
Received a Federal Student Loan involuntary deduction after a credit debt deduction is already in place. The deductions are not withholding correctly based on 15% for the student loan and then 10% for the credit debt
The system to calculate the deductions correctly without having to enter the percentages to control what the system does
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Employee who has a garnishment in effect
2. Received notice of a federal student loan after the garnishment
3. The student loan has precedence over the garnishment, but since it only takes 15%, the garnishment can take 10%.
4. Have both entered with their appropriate percentages, but it still doesn’t seem to be calculating correctly.
5. Tried first to put the Education Loan in and leave the Garnishment as is and see if the system would know to take the Education Loan first. It didn’t. It only took the garnishment at 25%.
6. But when each is entered with their appropriate percentages, it takes the 10% on the garnishment just fine, but it’s not taking exactly 15% on the Education Loan.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms