In Oracle Purchasing Try Override Action Got Error When Using AME Approval
(Doc ID 2154603.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 09, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Purchasing - Version 12.1 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Unable to Reserve/Approve the PO after doing Try Override from Approval Notification even if the Approver has the correct setup for Overriding Funds.
The notification just comes back with this error message:
Unable to Reserve Standard Purchase Order XX
Reason for Reserve failure is:
Line # Shipment # Distribution #. this detail transaction causes a summary account to fail funds check.
You can take one of the following actions:
1. You may try to override funds reservation failure from this notification. (Please note that override will succeed if allowed by the Budgetary Control Setup).
2. Fix the problem with the document or the budgetary controls and try reserving again from this notification.
3.Forward this document to a person that has the authority to reserve.
4. Return the document to the preparer so that they can make the necessary adjustments and then submit for approval again.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Enable PO AME approval.
2. Submit the PO to an approver who cannot override the funds
3. Approver receive the 'Unable to reverse PO' notification
4. Forward the notification to a employee who can override the funds
5. The Approver opens the notification and uses "Try Override" button
6. PO it's still not reserve and the approver is getting again same notification that PO has not been reserved.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document