Able to update Instances Residing in Inventory Through the Install Base User Interface
(Doc ID 2154952.1)
Last updated on MAY 19, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Installed Base - Version 12.2.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When copying an Instance that resides in Inventory through the Actions LOV, it can be copied.
Expect that users cannot update Inventory owned instances through any access point in the User Interface.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
Navigation: Oracle Installed Base Agent User >> Item Instance >> Item Instances
1. Query for any Instance that belongs to Inventory
2. Click on the 'Select' radio button to select the Instance
3. Click on the 'Action' LOV and note that 'Copy Item Instance' is NOT present in the LOV
4. Click on the 'Update Instance' icon (pencil)
5. Note that 'Copy Item Instance' is NOT present on the page
6. Click on the 'Cancel' button to return to the Simple Search page
7. Click on the 'Action' LOV and note that 'Copy Item Instance' is NOW present in the LOV
8. Select 'Copy Item Instance' and click on the 'Go' button
9. Observe that you can create and save a new Instance that belongs to Inventory
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document