You Cannot Add Another Assignment To This Position Error When Terminating an Employee
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Human Resources - Version 12.1 HRMS RUP8 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to terminate an employee, the following error occurs. The issue happens even if the system has the latest version of the file pqpsfbus.pkb.
You cannot add another assignment to this position. The Position Type is a single incumbent and an assignment already exists for it.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Log on to the Applications.
2. Choose the HR responsibility being used, e.g. US HR Manager.
3. Navigate to People-> Enter and Maintain.
4. Query the employee to be terminated.
5. Click on Others-> End Employment.
6. Enter the details of the termination.
7. Click on the Terminate button.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms