Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Human Resources - Version 12.1 HRMS RUP6 and later
Oracle Self-Service Human Resources - Version 12.1 HRMS RUP6 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When an employee record is created via a People Management template like the 'Enter Employees' form, Self-Service HR or the api hr_employee_api.create_us_employee, the new hire life event is not getting detected for the employee if the life event uses a rule which uses a fast formula.
The issue does not happen if the employee is created via the People form.
The new hire life event is only detected if the employee is created via the People form.
The new hire life event should always get detected regardless where the employee record is created.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Log on to the Applications.
2. Choose an HR responsibility, e.g. US Super HRMS Manager.
3. Navigate to Total Compensation-> General Definitions-> Additional Setup-> Life Event Reasons.
4. Query the life event reason being used for new hires.
5. Click on the 'Person Changes' button.
6. Click on the 'Define Person Change' button.
7. For the life event being used, set the rule to the fast formula.
8. Save the changes.
9. Navigate to People-> Maintain Using Templates-> Enter Employees.
10. Create a new employee.
11. Navigate to People-> Benefits Service Center.
12. Query for the newly created employee.
13. Select View Person Life Events from the Desktop Activities.
14. Click on the Potential Life Events tab.
Created a fast formula rule for the life event which uses assignment information.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms