Wip Mass Load Fails With 'Error!'
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Work in Process - Version 12.1.3 to 18.104.22.168 [Release 12.1]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After RPC4 (Patch 21236633) installation, when attempting to create a job number with a phantom component and the job number is associated with a project and task, the WIP Mass Load does not update the component supply type for the phantom component and the following error occurs:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigation = Bills-> Bills -> Query a problem assembly
2. The item Sequence 10 and 15 at operation 1 contains a Phantom Items at the 1 level of the BOM
3. Components at the 2 level of the BOM have a Supply Type of push
4. For a discrete job created from the above BOM, we need to change the supply type of the children of phantom item at level 1 from push to BULK
5. Create a discrete job. Responsibility = Work In Process (WIP)
Navigation = Discrete-> Discrete
6. Create a job with a Project/Task for the assembly from 2 and run the Mass Load with parameters to change the supply type.
7. The WIP mass load finishes with a warning (warning message validation error happen) and the supply type is not updated.
Applied Patch 21236633
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms