Error ORA-06502 creating a case pointing to a problem with EGO_USER_ATTRS_DATA_PVT Insert_Row
(Doc ID 2161510.1)
Last updated on JULY 21, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Customer Support - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, Create Service Request
When attempting to create a new Case in Case Worker or Customer Support Specialist, and switching SR Types between two SR Types that have different attribute groups, when trying to save the following error occurs.
Executing - "EGO_USER_ATTRS_DATA_PVT"."Insert_Row" "ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error: character to number conversion error"
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Go to Case Worker or Customer Support Specialist
2. Search for a Party
3. Start the new Case/SR creation with an SR Type that has a certain attribute group associated to it
4. During the Case/SR creation, select a different SR Type that has a different attribute group associated to it
5. Enter all the remaining mandatory information
6. When try to save the case, the reported error occurs
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document