Last updated on NOVEMBER 08, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Purchasing - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When a PO is created in a foreign currency, and a different conversion rate/date is put on the Heade and Distributions the Tax Amount flowing to GL uses the PO Header Rate/Date while the Subledger Accounting uses the PO Distribution Rate/Date.
Steps to replicate
- Create a currency conversion rate on 4/29 for ARS to USD for 10/1
- Create another currency conversion rate on 4/30 for ARS to USD for 20/1
- Create a new po-in the header use Rate Date 4/29 and the PO is ARS currency at 10/1
- Create at least 1 distribution with Rate Date 4/30 for ARS to USD using 20/1
- Save and approve po
- Receive the PO
- Navigate to "Receiving --> Receiving Transactions Summary"
- Query the PO
- Click Transactions
- With Cursor on Receive Line click Tools-View Accounting in top menu
- Review the conversion rate to primary currency, in this example it's 20/1
- Run Query now: select TAX_RATE, REC_NREC_TAX_AMT, REC_NREC_TAX_AMT_TAX_CURR from zx_Rec_nrec_dist where trx_line_dist_id = '&PODISTID'; --insert your distribution id here
- Review the fields returned-in this example the 10/1 rate is used as taxable amount of 4 is converted to 40 functional currency amount (20/1 would be 80 functional currency amount)
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms