PSD Taxable Balance Being Set In Pennsylvania Localities With No City Tax But Only School District Tax - No W2 Reporting
(Doc ID 2166762.1)
Last updated on FEBRUARY 03, 2019
Applies to:Oracle HRMS (US) - Version 12.1 HRMS RUP8 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1 HRMS RUP8 version, US Payroll Tax Issues
Employees live in Pennsylvania but have Kansas City, Missouri (MO) work location
Customer and support applied <Patch.22984597>:R12.PAY.B: PSD AND RESIDENT PSD BALANCE ARE GOT DOUBLED to get the fix for <BUG 22828342> - AFTER <Patch 22264454> SD TAX W/H NO CITY NOT ON W2. The employee has Missouri state and Kansas City tax withheld. Also has Pennsylvania school tax withheld. But a W2 is still not produced because there are no City RS PSD Wages
Customer expects to have Missouri state tax withheld, Kansas City local tax, and a school tax for Pennsylvania. But a W2 also has to be produced
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Ran new employee for 2016
2. Lives Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania (PA)
3. Works in Kansas City, Missouri
4. Marked the employee as LIT Exempt from Wage Accumulation on the city, Mechanicsburg, PA, on tax information form
5. Using Tax Interface - Enhanced + Wage Accumulation
6. SOE School District tax 7.82
7. Ran the Year End Pre process
8. The employee is still showing on the W2 Exception report
9. There is no W2 XML or PDF produced for this employee
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document