Last updated on AUGUST 22, 2016
Applies to:BI Publisher (formerly XML Publisher) - Version 126.96.36.199.x and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Multi selection is not working for Excel Data sets in BI Publisher.
The below error message is generated while attempting Multiple Selection for a MS Excel Data set:
'Failed to load XML'
The basic steps to reproduce the issue are as follows:
1. Create the BI Publisher Data set by using Microsoft Excel file.
2. Create the Parameter for the data set.
3. Assign the parameter for the column under add parameter section.
4. If the input type is Text for the parameter, we were able to generate the XML file from the data set.
5. If the input type is 'Menu' for the parameter and the list of values are selected using SQL query, Data set is failing to generate XML.
When the Parameter input Type is 'Menu', the Excel Data set fails to generate XML.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms