Data is Stuck in the Staging Table when the 'MTH:Reprocess Transactions' Concurrent Program Completes with Error
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Manufacturing Operations Center - Version 12.2.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In an MOC 12.2.4 Instance:
Data "stuck" in staging table when 'MTH:Reprocess Transactions' error occurs reprocessing status data.
If an error occurs due to a data issue (such as gap in times) when running the concurrent program 'MTH: Reprocess Transactions', the data does not get cleared from the staging table (mth_equip_status_stg). When running the concurrent program again, it will end with an error due to the same data being processed.
Expectation is they should be able to run the concurrent program after an error occurs and have it complete successfully, assuming that modified and corrected data has been provided.
-- Navigation path, on how to consistently reproduce the issue.
1) Create a CSV (MTH_EQUIP_STATUS) - Include at least two records which have a gap between the to_date of record one and from_date of record two.
2) Log into ODI and run the scenario "MTH_PKG_REPROCESS_TRANSACTIONS"
3) Log into MOC and Review submitted requests. note the reprocess transaction request ended with an error.
4) Note there should be data in the staging table (mth_equip_status_stg)
Can confirm the concurrent program cannot be run a second time
4) Correct the time gap in the CSV
5) Log into ODI and run the scenario "MTH_PKG_REPROCESS_TRANSACTIONS"
6) Log into MOC and Review submitted requests. Note that the reprocess transaction request ended with an error. Should be the same error.
7) Note that there should be data in the staging table (mth_equip_status_stg).
-- Business impact
This issue prevents one from recovering if an error occurs when loading data.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms