Adding Revision Effectivity Kit Structure Errors: Failure:-1:- Validation Failed: Component
Last updated on AUGUST 10, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Product Hub - Version 12.2.5 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to add revision effectivity to an existing Kit Item, the following error occurs. (Steps #1)
The error also comes attempting to add a component to a new structure revision. (Steps #2)
Failure:-1:- Validation failed: Component ABCDEFG already exists on this strucutre with an operation sequence 1 and is effective from 01-JUN-2011. A component cannot have the same operation sequence or overlapping effectivity
Steps #1: (Primary way to cause issue)
1. Create a TEMP revision for an existing Kit Item.
2. Open product workbench, select the TEMP revision.
3. Add a temp revision of a component to that Kit item.
4. Validation error message received.
Steps #2: (Alternate way to cause issue)
1. Search for an KIT (parent) item A. Verify that it has child components added. -- B
2. Create a new revision of the (parent) item
3. Go to the product workbench and search for the (parent) item
4. Open the KIT structure of the (parent) item
5. From the End Item drop down, select the newly created revision of the (parent) item
6. In the new revision of (parent) item, try to add a new component
7. Add the same component (B) which exists on the old revision of (parent) item (A)
8. Click on save button.
9. Save fails with error "Failure:- 1> Validation failed. Component B already exists on the structure with an operation sequence 1 and is effective from 01-JUN-2011. A component cannot have the same operation sequence or overlapping effectivity."
Cannot create a new revision for existing structures. This means that no changes can be implemented into the system leading to desired product features not able to sell.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms