Using Replace Button Nulls Scheduled Start And Completion Times
Last updated on AUGUST 23, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Work in Process - Version 12.2.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When using the 'Replace' button to swap primary and alternate resources on an operation of a job the resources' scheduled start and completion times are set to 00:00:00.
The date is kept intact, but the time values changing to before the first operation scheduled dates and times and the following error occurs.
First unit start date must be less than or equal to the earliest start date of all the resources on the operation.
Using the 'Replace' button should not null out scheduled start and completion times.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Responsibility: Work In Process.
2. Navigation: Job/Schedule Details -> Operations.
3. Input your job number into the job field and click find.
4. Select the operation where the resources exist and click the resources button.
5. Once the Resource Requirements form is open select the Scheduling tab and using the scroll bar, scroll until you can see both the scheduled start and completion date/time.
6. Now click the Alternates button to display alternate resources. Drag the screen so it is side by side with the resource requirements screen. This will help to see the reason for the error message that comes next.
7. Click the replace button on the alternate resources screen. A message will pop up stating that this will commit all changes to the database. Click yes.
8. Acknowledge the notifications that the record has been updated. Now you can see the error. Because the Resource Requirements screen is visible you can see that the start and completion dates remain but the time has been reset or nulled.
9. This appears to be the reason for the above error.
10. We are unable to now get around the error to correct the issue as it continuously pops up.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms