Customer Support Specialist: IE11 Error Navigating In Agent Dashboard 'Request-URI Too Large'
Last updated on JANUARY 31, 2018
Applies to:Oracle Customer Support - Version 12.2 to 12.2.5 [Release 12.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Checked for relevance on 31-JAN-2018
Using Internet Explorer (IE) 11, users get an error while updating Service Requests, navigating back and forth between Service Request Details and Task Details pages.
Request-URI Too Large
The request could not be processed by the server. The request URI is longer than the permissible limit.
(R) Customer Support Specialist
(N) Agent Dashboard
1. Queued Work Selection > My Task section
2. Click Update icon
3. On Update Task page, expand Service Request Details
4. Click on Service Request Number link
5. Click on Resolution and Wrap Up tab
6. In Tasks section notice two tasks. Click on Update icon for the first Task, which would take you to the Task Update page.
7. From Task Update page click on Service Request Number link. That would take you back to update Service Request page
8. On update Service Request page scroll down to Tasks section. Click on Task Number to view the task.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms