ROI Returns to Vendor Transactions Fail With 'Primary quantity (n) exceeds available subinventory quantity (n)' Error on WMS Org
(Doc ID 2178286.1)
Last updated on AUGUST 11, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Inventory Management - Version 12.2.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In WMS organizations, returns via ROI fails with 'Primary quantity (n) exceeds available subinventory quantity (n)' even when there is enough onhand in the return subinventory.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create a PO with ship to org as any WMS org + use standard routing.
- Receive into an LPN via mobile to receiving subinventory: RS1 + receiving locator : RL1
- Putaway the LPN to sub: S1, L1.
- Load ROI Tables to perform return to vendor transaction
- Make sure there is no onhand in receiving subinv: RS1 & receiving locator: RL1
- Make sure there is sufficient onhand in the return subinv/locator/lpn selected for in the return RCV_TRANSACTIONS_INTERFACE
- Run RTP to process the roi return
Receiving Transaction Processor fails with error below (as code looks for onhand from RS1/RL1)
Error: Primary quantity (n) exceeds available subinventory quantity (n)
Cause: The transaction quantity (n) in primary unit of measure exceeds the available quantity (n) in the subinventory.
Action: Enter a smaller quantity.
The details of the error in table PO_INTERFACE_ERRORS are:
Column name = PRIMARY_QUANTITY
Error name = RCV_TRX_QTY_EXCEEDS_INV_AVAIL
Table name = RCV_TRANSACTIONS_INTERFACE
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document