Not Able To Change Owner For Instance
(Doc ID 2178434.1)
Last updated on MARCH 19, 2021
Applies to:Oracle Installed Base - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
After doing a 'Change Owner' in Install Base, the message 'Item Instance is updated successfully' is received. When the Instance is queried again, the original customer is still active
Expect the Instance to retain the new owner information
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigation: Oracle Installed Base Agent User >> Item Instance >> Item Instances
2. Click on the 'Update Instance' icon (pencil)
3. Click on the 'Change Owner' button and enter the desired information for the new owner on the new page
4. Click on the 'Apply' button
5. Check the Contract page and click on the 'Yes' button
6. Observe that the application returns to the Change Owner Page and the new information is present and the message 'Item Instance is updated successfully' is displayed
7. Re-query the Instance and navigate to the Change Owner page and see that the Customer information has reverted to the original information
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document