Missing Attribute Values When Using Single Create Item Using Copy Of Item After Patch 21835784
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 12, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Product Hub - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Missing attribute values when using create item using copies of existing item after patching (Patch 21835784).
What is working
Worked prior to <Patch 21835784>.
Works if copy multiple items.
All attribute values to copy.
1. Create an item catalog category (ICC) that has function generated number and/or description.
* Ensure that at least 1 attribute is used for the function generation and at least 1 attribute is NOT used in function generation in another attribute group.
2. Create an item in the new ICC.
3. Populate the attribute that is used in function generation and the one that is not.
4. Create a 2nd item as a copy of the first (quantity = 1 item).
5. Save the item.
6. Review the attributes.
7. Both the attributes are copied.
8. Apply <Patch 21835784>.
9. Retest -- Create a new item copying 1st item...
10. The first attribute is copied (the one used in the function generation) but the 2nd attribute is NOT copied and left blank (the one not used in function).
Due to this issue, users cannot create items properly, causing data corruption and excess labor.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms