Work Item With Skills Being Assigned To Default Resource
(Doc ID 2182391.1)
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 29, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Advanced Collections - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Work items defined with skills are being assigned to the default resource, if the skill belongs to a different business group than the resource.
If the business group for the resource and skill are the same it works fine. Collections doesn't have a way to distinguish between the business groups when selecting a skill, if the skill belongs to two different business groups.
Steps to Reproduce:
Responsibility: Collections Agent
- Using the seeded skill\competency 'Work Ethics' as an example:
- In the HR form, 'Work Ethics' only shows once when adding a Competency to a employee.
- When creating a work item, 'Work Ethics' shows twice. Once for each Business Group as shown by the following sql:
where name = 'Work Ethics'
- this returns 2 records
- one with BUSINESS_GROUP_ID = 202
- one with BUSINESS_GROUP_ID = 1448
When creating the work item, if the resource is created for 202 (Vision Corp), and the work item is created for the skill attached to 1448, it won't assign
The skill assigned to the work item can be verified with the following sql:
where work_item_temp_id = 10704
- this matches the 2nd row in per_competences
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document
|1. Bug Summary|
|2. Fixed Files|
|4. Solution Steps|