Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Installed Base - Version 12.2.5 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
R12.2.5 Installed Base Item Instance Data Detail Miss-Match
When work with the Installed Base Item Instance Search and the Item instance Detail Page, the data becomes miss-matched. In other words, the details specified at the top of the page for Item instance and serial number does not match the item instance and serial number in the lower portion of the screen. Here is how to recreate the issue:
1. Login as a user with “Oracle Installed Base Agent User” responsibility.
2. Select “Oracle Installed Base Agent User” to expand the menu.
3. Select “Item Instance” to expand the menu.
4. Select “Item Instance” to access the Installed Base Item Instance Search screen.
5. Enter an item number or select it from the popup list or LOV.
6. Click “GO”.
7. From the list retrieved, select an item either as view only (link) or update mode (pencil).
8. On the Item Instance page, click the “Configuration” tab.
9. If view only mode, select the “Return to Item Search” link, or if update mode, click “Cancel”.
10. The system will return you to the Item Instance search with the same item information listed.
11. From the list, select a different item either as view only (link) or update mode (pencil).
12. The Item Instance screen should appear with the “Configuration” tab visible.
13. Now click the “Item Instances >” link in the top right portion of the display area just above the bolded “Item Instance” verbiage.
14. The system will return you to the Item Instance search with the same item information listed.
15. From the list, select a different item either as view only (link) or update mode (pencil).
16. The Item Instances screen should appear with the “Configuration” tab visible, but the information in the “Item Instance” section is different from the information in the Configuration information section. The Item Instance numbers do not match and the serial numbers do not match.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms