Last updated on JANUARY 27, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Shipping Execution - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, Shipping Transactions form
When a delivery is ship confirmed, and then both the item unit of measure and unit weight are changed in the Organization Items form after the order was booked, the weight for the delivery detail shows the new unit of measure but the old weight.
Expect the weight for the delivery detail to be shown in the old unit of measure.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Book a new order for a specific item, lets use as an example, item AS55888, quantity 1 each
2. In the Organization items form, physical attributes tab, change the unit of measure for weight from G to KG
3. Then change the unit weight form 30 Grams to 0.035 KG
4. Pick release this order
5. In the Shipping transactions form, lines/lpns tab, click on the details button
6. Delivery detail weight is 30 Grams. As expected, the old unit of measure and the old weight is shown here.
7. Also go to the delivery tab, and click the details button. The old unit of measure and the old weight is also shown here.
8. Ship confirm the delivery
9. Now go to the deliveries tab in the shipping transactions form, and click on details
10. Shipping Transactions Form now shows the weight as 30 KG. The old unit weight is shown, but the new unit of measure is shown. Result is that Shipping Transactions Form shows the delivery weight as being 1000 times the actual weight.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, incorrect weights may be communicated to the customer, and may be used to compute freight charges.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms