FPS Rejected By HMRC As Address Not Present For Starter
Last updated on OCTOBER 04, 2016
Applies to:Oracle HRMS (UK) - Version 12.1.3 to 12.2.5 [Release 12.1 to 12.2]
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to send FPS output to HMRC, the following error occurs.
HMRC Validation Rule 13).
Steps to Reproduce:
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Employee with NI only aggregation initially has a single assignment (Assignment A). HMRC accept FPS messages for this employee, with RTI Payroll Id = A
2. The employee then starts a second assignment (B) and this new assignment is set as the RTI NI Reporting Assignment (for example because the first assignment is terminated). This assignment is on a different payroll to his/her existing assignment/employment, which initially continues alongside the new assignment/employment.
3. Main pay runs for both payrolls that include this person.
4. FPS process runs (with Include Address Details parameter = 'Only new starters') for Assignment B's payroll. Output for this person is (solely) for RTI Payroll Id = B. It includes a starter/starting declaration, along with the employee¿s address and the start date for this assignment/employment.
5. FPS process runs (same Include Address Details parameter value) for Assignment A's payroll. Output for this person includes:
- No address details [i.e. in the message the address lines 1 to 5 fields within the employee's NAD2A record are entirely spaces]
- Taxable earnings and tax paid being reported for Assignment A. [Appears in message within first (of two) EMP1 group of records for this employee]
- NI YTD figures against Assignment B (the RTI NI Reporting Assignment), updating the NI YTD figures reported in the earlier FPS. [Appears in message within second EMP1 group of records for this employee]
- A start date and starting declaration for Assignment B [Appears in message within second EMP1 group of records for this employee]
6. First FPS submitted to HMRC and accepted by them
7. Second FPS submitted to HMRC. HMRC rejects it, because of Validation Rule 13.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms