R12: AP: Last Update Date Incorrectly Updated For Supplier Sites
Last updated on OCTOBER 06, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Payables - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle Payables, in the Supplier Entry Page, when a new supplier is created and the Primary Pay check box is not checked, the supplier site is saved with PRIMARY_PAY_SITE_FLAG set to null.
When that supplier is updated two months later with the Tax ID, the PRIMARY_PAY_SITE_FLAG is set to 'N' and the last_update_date and last_updated_by on the supplier site are updated with the current date and user even though the site was not knowingly touched by the user.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Using Payables Manager responsibility
2. Navigate to Suppliers > Entry >
3. Click on Go button to display existing suppliers
4. Click on the Update button next to the selected supplier
5. Update the Tax ID on the Supplier.
6. See that the PRIMARY_PAY_SITE_FLAG is set to 'N' from NULL and the last_update_date and last_updated_by on the supplier site are updated with the current date and user even though the site was not knowingly touched by the user.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms