R12:IBY: Country Specific Check Digit Bank Validations Are Not Performed Consistently
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 30, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Payables - Version 12.2.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On the iSupplier portal, a new supplier bank account in France without a check digit is unable to be saved due to error "Please enter a value of 2 characters for the Check Digit".
On the supplier management banking details page, creating a new supplier bank account in France without a check digit is successful.
Country specific bank validations should be performed the same regardless of the method for creating the supplier bank account.
Oracle® Cash Management
Appendix F: Country Specific Bank Account Validations
• The Check Digit is might be mandatory depending upon the country-specific rules.
The fields are checked for validity by adopting the following rules:
• Length should be a maximum of 2 numeric characters.
• If the check digit is less than 2 digits, then it is converted to a 2 digit number by prefixing it with a zero.
Check Algorithm for Account Number using Check Digit
A check digit is calculated (CD1) from the Account Number in the following manner.
This is then used as the basis for the check digit validity test.
In this case, the "Please enter a value of 2 characters for the Check Digit" is accurate.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create supplier bank account in France via iSupplier portal (leaving check digit blank)
2. Observe error when attempting to save
3. Create supplier bank account in France via Supplier Entry > Banking Details (leaving check digit blank)
4. Observe account is saved successfully
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, users are able to create supplier bank accounts despite not meeting the country-specific validation requirements.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms