Able To Edit Unit Price In Requisition After Applying EBS RPC 4 Patch or EBS RPC 5 Patch
Last updated on SEPTEMBER 30, 2016
Applies to:Oracle iProcurement - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
In Oracle iProcurement, Release 12.1.3, the Unit Price field on the Shopping Cart page can be edited by users for a non-catalog request, even though the page is personalized to make the field read-only.
It is expected that the Shopping Cart page personalization takes effect so that the Unit Price field is view only for the non-catalog request.
The personalization to disable modification of the Unit Price works correctly on the Requisition Information: Update Selected Line page (during checkout Step 1 of 3), and it is expected that the personalization will also work on the Shopping Cart page.
Due to this issue, users are able to change the unit price even though the business wishes to prevent this from occurring.
The issue is noticed to occur after applying the EBS RPC 4 or EBS RPC 5 patch.
Steps To Reproduce
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps in a Vision Demo environment:
1. Logged in as TGREEN.
2. Responsibility - iProcurement > iProcurement Home Page
3. On the Shopping home page, click the Non-Catalog Request link.
4. On the Non-Catalog Request page, enter the details for a Goods-based item and then click Add to Cart.
5. Click the View Cart and Checkout window.
6. On the Shopping Cart page, the Unit Price field is able to be modified.
7. Personalize Page
- Click the Personalize (pencil) icon for Name = "Message Text Input: (TxnPrice)"
- The "Read Only" property is set to value "true" which means the field should not be editable on the Shopping Cart page.
However, users are still able to change the Unit Price value on the Shopping Cart page.
The issue occurs also for requisitions which are copied from previously-created non-catalog requests.
To see that the personalization works correctly on the Edit Lines feature, perform the following steps additionally:
8. Back on the Shopping Cart page, click the Checkout button
9. On the Checkout: Requisition Information page, click the Edit Lines button.
10. Select the line and click the Update button.
11. On the Requisition Information: Update Selected Line page, the Unit Price here can also be edited.
12. Personalize Page
- Click the Personalize (pencil) icon for Name = "Message Text Input: Unit Price"
- The "Read Only" property is set to value "false", which means that the Unit Price can be changed.
- Change the "Read Only" property value to "true" at the Site level
- Apply the change and return to application
13. Now, back on the Requisition Information: Update Selected Line page, the Unit Price field is read-only and cannot be edited.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms