Last updated on OCTOBER 04, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Internet Expenses - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
java.sql.SQLException: Initialization Failed
Cash and Other Expenses:Details Form
Allowance type Policy Schedule
Generate Per Diem (button)
When selecting the Generate Per Diem (button) on the Cash and Other Expenses: Details page the following error occurs:
java.sql.SQLException: Initialization failed
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Set up a Per Diem policy set up for "Allowance" with meals (Breakfast 12 USD, Lunch 13 USD and Dinner 24 USD).
2. Attach the policy to an expense type
3. Create an expense report using the expense type. On the Create Expense Report: Cash and Other Expenses: Per Diem Expenses (tab) enter one line as follows:
Line 1 Start Date: 01-Sep-2016 Expense Type: Meal Allowance Destination: Tampa Justification: Test Num of days: 1 Reimbursable Amount (USD) 25.00
4. Select the Details button.
5. On the Details page select the Generate Per Diem (button)
6. Error occurs
7. Save the report
8. Attempt to update the report.
9. Error occurs
10. Attempt to submit the report, the following message appears:
You have entered invalid data or you have not completed all required fields. Do you want to continue?
11. Users cannot update or submit the report.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms