Cannot Change The Child Billing And Shipping Addresses
Last updated on MAY 19, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Installed Base - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to update Bill To and Ship To locations, the following error occurs.
The Instance has a Parent associated to it in the component of relationship. Location attributes update is not allowed for this Instance. Changing the location attributes for Parent, will automatically update its corresponding child components.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigation: Oracle Install Base Agent User >> Item Instance >> Item Instances
2. Query for Instance that is part of a relationship
3. Select a Child Instance and update the Bill To, Ship To or both locations
4. Receive the reported error
5. Select the Parent Instance and update the Bill To, Ship To or both locations
6. Observe that the changes do not cascade to the Child Instance
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms