Last updated on OCTOBER 25, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Inventory Management - Version 12.2.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Pick release backorders when material is available but the custom "user-defined" serial hook filters out serials as invalid.
User expects serial hook to skip some serials, then pick release to continue looking for other available quantity in other locations.
What is working
* In these examples, a rule is setup to pick by subinventory order. Here are case that work and one that fails:
a) Works if ...full quantity in primary subinventory...
b) Works if ...partial quantity in primary subinventory, and remaining in second subinventory...
c) Works if ... no quantity in primary, but have enough in second subinventory...
d) Fails if ... full quantity in primary, but serial hook skips those serials as not eligible.
1. Inventory parameter "Allocate Serial number" is set to "Yes - User Defined".
2. Code custom logic in "INV_DETAIL_SERIAL_PUB.Get_User_Serial_Numbers". (See <Note 1332302.1>).
3. Create pick rule by subinventory.
4. Add pick order on each subinventory.
5. Have quantity for serialized part in multiple locations available.
6. Pick release rule does not specify a specific subinventory on pick release form.
1. Perform setup to enable custom hook.
2. Attempt to pick release Sales Order.
3. Pick Release fails and backorders.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms