Duplicate Service Order Line Numbers In A Sales Order
(Doc ID 2191767.1)
Last updated on OCTOBER 14, 2020
Applies to:Oracle Order Management - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version, Transaction Entry
When using EDI import for sales orders with Models, if users change the Service Reference Type from Order to Customer Product and add a Service Ref Cust Product under the Service Tab of a sales order line, then the Line # changes from 1.1...3 to 1.1...1. This behavior occurs with all model lines and with customization turned off.
Expect that the model sales order lines will retain their sales order line numbers.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. EDI Sales Order information is import into Order Management,
2. Login with the Order Management Responsibility,
3. Query up the imported sales order containing the model,
4. Click on the Service Tab,
5. Select a sales order line under the Top Model line,
6. Change the Service Reference Type from Order to Customer Product,
7. Add a Service Ref Cust Product on a sales order line,
8. The Line # changes from 1.1...3 to 1.1...1.
9. There are now two sales order lines with the same line number.
To view full details, sign in with your My Oracle Support account.
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started!
In this Document