Last updated on JUNE 29, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Project Planning and Control - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
For partially shared structures, when attempting to send resource assignment updates for the workplan from MSP to Oracle Projects, the following error occurs.
- Your project plan could not be uploaded successfully in Oracle Projects.
- &ROWNUM: 2.1 (2.1): There is an expenditure item for this task.
- PROJECT: '15794';TASK:'2.1.2'; The task has not been updated.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Create a partially shared structure project
2. Assign resource in the workplan
3. Create cost transactions and run all the update jobs.
4. Go to MSP and import the workplan
5. Update the resource assignment
6. Send structure and resource assignment back to op.
7. Process finishes with the above error
Found 'Can Overridden Costs Be Transferred From MSP to Projects For Partially Shared Structures? (Doc ID 1377231.1)' which indicates the costs cannot be uploaded for partially shared structures:
For a partially shared structure, the requirement is to override the rates in MSP (MicroSoft Projects) and send the cost to Oracle Projects. Can this be done?
Per existing functionality, MSP cost can be sent to Oracle Projects only in case of non shared structures. For partially shared structures, MSP will not upload costs to Oracle Projects.
Test done by customer:
Test 1. Send project data to a project where actuals cost exist. The test fails with an error saying there is actual cost in task 2.1
Test 2. Send project data to a project where NO actuals cost exist. The test succeeds.
This note applies in our situation even though we are not sending new costs? Is there a workaround to use this type of structure?
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms