Absence Form Allows 1.:00 As A Timestamp Entry without Validation
Last updated on NOVEMBER 14, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Human Resources - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.1.3 version,
Time stamp in Absence Form does not validate properly at each digit. For instance, a value of 02.:45 could be entered and the existing validation didn't catch it.
System should validate against proper time format, and not allow a '.' to be entered.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Navigate to HRMS Manager responsibility > Absence Form, then query a person
2. Add an entry for any type of absence
- does not matter which, as it is a generic form issue
3. In projected start or end field OR in Actual Start or End field
- add an entry like 1.:45
- the system allows you to pass without catching this in field validation
- If you enter 01.:45 the field truncates at 4, as there is a fixed 5-digit limit to the field,
- then it catches in validation.
- But if you do not enter the leading 0 before the first single digit, it does not pick up in validation.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms