"6502ORA-06502: PL/SQL", Error During Customer Name Update Above 50 Character
Last updated on NOVEMBER 21, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Common Applications Calendar - Version 12.2.5 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
While updating the customer name above 50 character in CDH(R12.2.5), the name is updated. But while submission of Customer,
the following error occurs.
"-6502ORA-06502: PL/SQL: numeric or value error: character string buffer too small. Please contact your system administrator".
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Logged into MDM instance using PIMADMIN user
2. Search a customer
3. Updating the Organization Name of the customer,Save.
4. Again searching the customer. New organization name is reflecting.(Length of the string is 183 ).
5. Go to Confirm tab,Submit customer.
6. Error showing while submission of customer.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms