Change Owner Functionality: 'Change Current & Installed Locations' Check Box Not Working as Expected
Last updated on NOVEMBER 16, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Installed Base - Version 12.2.5 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.2.5, Update Item Instance page:
When performing 'Changer Owner' function from Update Item Instance page, the Current and Installed Locations are not updated to the new customer's data even though the 'Change Current & Installed Locations' check box is selected.
Expect the data to change to the newly selected customer data.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Oracle installed Base Agent User >> Item Instance >> Item Instances >> Query for Instance
2. Click on the 'Update Instance' icon (pencil)
3. Click on the 'Change Owner' button
4. Check the 'Change Current & Installed Locations' box
5. Enter the new Account information
6. Click on the 'Apply' button
7. Observe that the Current and Install At locations did not update
8. Observe that the Bill to and Ship To locations did not automatically populate the new address
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms