Unable to Terminate or Transfer Ownership on the Child Instance When Parent Record Exist.
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Installed Base - Version 12.2.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
When attempting to transfer owner of a child instance through Mass update
the following error occurs.
You are trying to update an attribute, for ex. current location, of an item Instance (XXX) in the batch (test-term) that is allowed to be cascaded only from it's parent. Please include the top most parent of the configuration in this batch to continue.
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Go to install base agent user-->Mass update-->mass update
2. select "transfer owner" from list of values to create batch and click go.
3. Give the batch name, party name and number for which you want to transfer
4. click add to select the child instances which has owner as party name which you gave in step 3
5. After submitting the batch above error will be appeared
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms