Order Line Is Getting Added On A Booked And Scheduled Ship Set Without Any Error Message
Last updated on DECEMBER 20, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Order Management - Version 12.2.4 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
On : 12.2.4 version, Transaction Entry
When the users is adding an order line (2.1) to an order that is booked and scheduled with a ship set, the first line gets the errors: Failed to insert line into the ship set .....
Then add a 3rd line and Note is displayed (Could not schedule. Line on hold.) No other error message. In this case line 3.1 is saved with ship set 1 and no SSD.
Order line can be added on a booked and scheduled ship set without any error message.
We should get the error message. Ship Set 1 cannot have one line with SSD and one line on hold and without SSD.
Failed to insert line into the ship set .....
The issue can be reproduced at will with the following steps:
1. Enter Order Header and Order Line 1.1 on Ship Set 1.
2. Book the order
3. Schedule the order line on ship set 1
4. Enter a new line 2.1 (with Ship Set 1). Save the line.
5. Error message is received “Failed to insert line into the ship set”. Correct and expected message.
6. Line 2.1 is saved with null ship set.
7. Enter a new line 3.1 (with Ship Set 1). Save the line.
8. Note is displayed (Could not schedule. Line on hold.) No other error message. This is incorrect.
9. In this case line 3.1 is saved with ship set 1 and no SSD.
The issue has the following business impact:
Due to this issue, lines are added to existing set with SSD populated but on hold and wf shows scheduling eligible.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms