Depreciation Projection Report Show Current Period Depreciation Adjustment in Current Period and Last Period of Life
Last updated on MARCH 08, 2017
Applies to:Oracle Assets - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
Find that when running Depreciation Projections to validate new values the Depreciation Adjustment from current period can be seen in the Current Period amount and in the Last Period of Life. Thus the total Depreciation Projections over-depreciates the asset.
1. Perform a Cost Adjustment in this period that books $100 Depreciation Adjustment
2. Run Depreciation without close
3. Run Depreciation Projections for life of asset (including Prior period, current, and future to end of life)
4. Projects show the accurate amount for prior periods & current period (ie match what has actually booked in Financial Inquiry >Depreciation tab as well as in fa_deprn_summary table)
5. However if you look at the last period of the asset, its projected depreciation includes the $100 adjustment from #1.
ie if you expect $100 per period and see $200 for this period (periodic $100 + Adjustment $100) AND you see the same in the last period (ie again $200 instead of expected $100)
Why is this?
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms