R12 E-Business Suite Forms Flexfield Pop Up LOV Search Is Not Finding The Actual Values Displayed In The Flexfield LOV
Last updated on DECEMBER 14, 2016
Applies to:Oracle Application Object Library - Version 12.1.3 and later
Information in this document applies to any platform.
E-Business Suite R12 Application Object Library, Descriptive flexfield issues
E-Business Suite forms pop up LOV searches cannot find the flexfield values displayed In the LOV.
The issue can be reproduced via the following steps:
Select Responsibility Application Developer -> Flexfield -> Flexfield Test
1. It open the Test form : click on "Descriptive_flex" radio button on the top.
2. It will show Details of Flexfield with Tittle : Test Descriptive Flexfields
3. click on Flexfield button
4. Click on the third field with ( [ and ]) brackets.
5. Choose LOV for "Name" field and it will show all the details.
6. With in the LOV search for "%eng%" it will not show any value even it has values which contain "eng"
7. if you give "%eng%" in the "Name" field and tab out. it will show 6 values.
FORMS has provided some APIs for calling from Oracle E-Business Suite owned user_exit code. Once such interface is provided in iiflov.c to open a LOV at runtime.
Using this LOV through the user_exit code, when we set DISPLAY_WIDTH for LOV columns the searching is not done on characters being displayed in LOV.
Sign In with your My Oracle Support account
Don't have a My Oracle Support account? Click to get started
My Oracle Support provides customers with access to over a
Million Knowledge Articles and hundreds of Community platforms